A Month of
Palmcroft Church has a rich, 75-year history of God’s work. What’s even more exciting for us is to look toward the future, but what is our future? Where do we go? What exactly will we do?
As an example, take our remarkable 16 acres of land in North Peoria. There are a few standard options for how to use such a property in ministry. However, as we ask the Lord, he might reveal an option we never would have imagined on our own. Joshua faced Jericho, a relatively small but well-fortified city. Any military leader of the day could have rattled off common tactics to overtake such a city, but, when God was beseeched, he provided an unthinkable plan, and, of course, it worked.
For your life, the lives of your family, and for the future of this church, let us seek the Lord. Let’s not trust in our ingenuity, but rather, let’s trust in the sovereign power of God. Through this month of earnest prayer before the Lord, we hope to become more attuned to his leading as we seek his will for our future ministry.
How to Use This Guide
Use each Daily Prayer Focus as a guide in your personal prayer for our church. Engage in prayer alone or with family or friends as, together, we seek the Lord’s will. Also, please consider these questions as we pray:
- Lord, how can we better share your love through service to our community?
- Lord, how can we strengthen and grow our ministries at Palmcroft?
- Lord, how should Palmcroft use the North Peoria property in an effort to reach more people for Christ?
- Lord, please direct our steps that we may be aligned with your will for Palmcroft’s future.
- Lord, please create in us a hunger for a deeper relationship with you—a hunger for your word, prayer, and worship.
Let’s seek the Lord for direction and guidance. Read the Bible selection for the day and pause to consider its significance for your life and the life of our Palmcroft family. After you consider the Bible passage, pray the words of the Bible for yourself and then for our church body.
Daily Prayer Focus
- Deepen our fellowship. Heb. 10:24–25 (Wed. Prayer Meeting)
- Lead us to love and unity. Eph. 4:1–3 (National Day of Prayer Gatherings)
- We thank God for each other. Eph. 1:15–16
- Help us follow Jesus! Luke 9:23-24 (Sat. Prayer Walk)
- Show us how to handle your word. 2 Tim 2:15 (Sun. Prayer Meetings)
- You are working in us. John 15:4,5; Col. 1:11–12
- Cleanse us from unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 (Tue. Prayer Walk)
- We choose to forgive. Eph. 4:31,32 (Wed. Prayer Meeting)
- Keep us unified and glorifying you. Rom. 15:5–6
- Our priority: We seek your kingdom. Matt. 6:33
- We ask you for discernment. Josh. 9:14,15; Phil. 1:9–10 (Sat. Prayer Walk)
- Show us how to be generous. 2 Cor. 9:6–8 (Sun. Prayer Meetings)
- Guide our meditation on your word. Josh. 1:8; Prov. 4:20–27
- Great is your faithfulness! Lam. 3:22, 23 (Tue. Prayer Walk)
- Help us shine for our neighbors. Matt. 5:16 (Wed. Prayer Meeting)
- Fill us with hope, joy, and peace! Rom. 15:13
- Use us to make disciples. Matt. 28:19, 20; 1 Tim. 2:4
- Make us intergenerational. Ps. 145:4 (Sat. Prayer Walk)
- Send us out to fish for people. Matt. 4:19 (Sun. Prayer Meetings)
- Grant us greater influence. 1 Chr. 4:10; Is. 54:2,3
- Give us words and boldness! Eph. 6:18–19; Col. 4:2–4 (Tue. Prayer Walk)
- Deliver us from evil. Matt. 6:13; Ps. 34:7, 19 (Wed. Prayer Meeting)
- We choose confidence and strength. Is. 30:15a; 2 Tim. 1:7
- We want your good, pleasing, and perfect will. Rom. 12:2
- We serve others for Jesus’ sake. 2 Cor. 4:5 (Sat. Prayer Walk)
- Give us compassionate hearts. Matt. 9:36–39 (Sun. Prayer Meetings)
- Grant us clarity about what you have given. 1 Cor. 2:12
- Help us to love and sacrifice like Christ. Eph. 5:1–2 (Tue. Prayer Walk)
- We seek greater glory for Christ. Eph. 3:20, 21 (Wed. Prayer Meeting)
- We will obey and receive your provision. Gen. 22:11–14
- We receive blessing, protection, grace, and peace. Num. 6:24–26
Wednesday nights in May from 6:30 to 8 PM in Worship Center South
Sunday mornings in May from 7:30 to 8 AM in the Worship Center Prayer Room
Sunday mornings in May from 8 to 9 AM in Worship Center South
On Wednesday nights, we spend time lifting up the specific prayer requests of the people of Palmcroft in an effort to bear one another’s burdens. On Sundays, we cengage in targeted intercessory prayer for Sunday ministries, leaders, and teams.
Prayer Walks in North Peoria
Saturday mornings in May from 6 to 9 AM
Tuesday afternoons in May from 4:30 to 7 PM
We are opening the North Peoria property for self-guided prayer walks every Saturday morning and Tuesday afternoon in May. Come alone or with a group anytime during these windows of time. Staff will be available, and water, shade, and seating will be provided. The exit for the property is Dixileta, off of Lake Pleasant Parkway, just south of the 303. Once you get close, signs will guide your way. Dixileta is a dirt road, but most cars can make the drive. If you’re concerned, consider carpooling with someone in a light truck or SUV.
Sunday, June 2, from 6 to 7 PM in the Worship Center
We would love to hear what you’re receiving from the Holy Spirit during this season of prayer! Consider joining us as we debrief together in a fun, lively discussion on the future direction of Palmcroft.