“Be Rich” opportunities
The “Be Rich” campaign comes out of Paul’s words to Timothy in 1 Timothy 6:17-18.
Command those who are rich in this worldʼs goods not to be haughty or to set their hope on riches, which are uncertain, but on God who richly provides us with all things for our enjoyment. Tell them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, to be generous givers, sharing with others.
Each year we ask Home Groups to use the holiday season as an opportunity to participate in their own service opportunity- to “be rich” to an individual, family, or non-profit organization.
While we give freedom to each Home Group to serve in whatever capacity they choose, we want to highlight one specific opportunity open to all groups. In recent years Palmcroft has been developing a relationship with the families of Acacia elementary school. Acacia is a Title I school, with many of their families struggling to make ends meet. We would like to bless several families from Acacia by providing Christmas presents for the kids along with grocery store gift cards for the parents. If your group is interested in helping Acacia families during our “Be Rich” campaign, contact our Missions Director, Maggi Garrison, for more information- (602) 863-0945 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If your group wishes to serve in another capacity, spend some time over the next few weeks to discuss who and where your group would like to serve. Here a few questions to get your conversation going:
- What are the names of widows whom you know?
- What are the names of single-parent families whom you know?
- Who do you know who is struggling with unemployment?
- Who do you know who is struggling financially?
- Who do you know who is ill?
- Who do you know who has suffered loss?
- What are the names of elderly people or couples whom you know?
- Who are the people new to your neighborhood? What are their names?
- What are some nonprofits that you know about and like?